Sunday, September 11, 2011

1st post! Whoo!

Welcome to my art blog! Here I will be added both finished pieces and WIPs, both from school and outside of school (but mostly from school because that's all I have time for most of the time). So I guess I'll start off my blog with an introduction.

So my name is Jacqueline Sessa. I got to Digipen Institute of Technology in Redmond, WA. I do in fact still live with my parents, and I commute every day, which is a pain. Currently I'm looking into roommates to move closer to campus, so if you happen to see this and are also looking, please feel free to let me know.

I like to think I specialize mostly in character art. Since last year I've been starting to work in 3D, and it's a blast. Time flies while I'm working on modeling, and to me that's a good thing! It means I'm enjoying myself if I don't look at the clock for long periods of time while working on something.

Aside from 3D art, I'm very into other forms of digital art. I use Photoshop most of the time. Ok, here's the moment of truth. I do in fact draw in a manga/anime style but I'm trying to break the habit of it. But when it comes to my own personal projects, such as webcomics or fanart, I will use the manga/anime style simply because I enjoy it. Often I'm ridiculed for it, but I understand why. But as long as I'm improving myself and continuing to learn, I am happy.

I have a great interest in working on comics. My two great passions are drawing and telling stories, so I like to put two and two together. I have tried writing in a simple literary form, but I am not very good at it. My interests in genre are mainly sci-fi/fantasy, but I also enjoy a good western or mystery novel as well.

I think that'll do it for this first post. I hope you stick around, and visit again sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment